Thursday 24 July 2008

Ye Olde Schoole

This is one of my current projects. Well it will be in a couple of years time when it is finished. It will be a hand sewn paper pieced quilt using 4cm hexagons and old clothes.

So far I have the remnants of 2 mens shirts, 2 boys shirts, a boys bandana and an old nightie, all cut up into 2 1/4" squares.

I've made myself this little travel kit using one of the Bodyform tins. It fits about 30 squares of fabric and paper hexagons, a couple of needles, a thread bobbin, a very handly little thread cutter and a broken needle threader.

This is a really handy little tin, it fits nicely in my handbag so if I'm sat around waiting I can sit and sew a hexagon or two.

One thing to remember. If you are sewing whilst driving, well travelling, obviously not actually driving, be prepared to jab yourself in the thumb. A lot!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful.
se your crystal goblets.Do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.